Dates are very close and momentum is on. Are you ready?
Players are reaching for this Earth’s largest single sport event in Russia, FIFA World Cup 2018. A lot of new amazing things are introduced in this world cup. One of such thing is FAN Id. What exactly is this FAN Id? IF you are visiting Russia for watching matches is this necessary to have FAN Id? What are the benefits? Is there any extra cost?
All these are obvious things that comes up in our mind. World cup matches are scheduled to happen from 14th June to 15th July this year. Russia is hosting FIFA world cup for the first time in history. Russia won the last round of votes against the candidatures of Spain-Portugal and Belgium-Netherlands on December 2nd, 2010. All lot of expectation is from this country and its people.
FIFA World Cup 2018 and FAN ID
In order to facilitate assistance to the World Cup in Russia 2018 to all fans around the world, the Russian government, passed a law in July 2016 to have visa free entry during the competition period, i.e. between June 14 and July 15th, 2018. Which is really nice steps for hassle free experience of the spectacular event.
In order to enjoy this visa exemption, Government set two conditions
- You have a purchase a ticket for any of the World Cup matches
- You have to obtain the FAN ID or Fan Passport.
- According to officials “A FAN ID is a document that all the spectators of the 2018 FIFA World Cup™ matches must have to get the access to the stadiums. A FAN ID is a small laminated form containing the personal data of its holder. It is mandatory document for all the 2018 FIFA World Cup™ spectators.”
- A FAN ID can be issued only to the ticket holders. Means you have to buy ticket for any of the matches first then you can have FAN Id. The application and delivery of FAN ID are free.
- In order to distribute FAN Id, authorities have made FAN Id distribution centers, list of which is available on official website www.fan-id.ru. Citizens of the Russian Federation will receive a FAN ID at a post office or at MFC in Moscow. Foreign citizens and stateless persons can have FAN IDs delivered by post. A foreign spectator can also select and arrange courier delivery.
- A FAN ID entitles its holder to free travel in the host cities on match days. Foreign spectators can enter and leave the territory of the Russian Federation visa-free multiple times with a FAN ID with Passport.
- The FAN ID grants the right to use trains for free between the organizing cities of the World Cup, as well as the public transport in them during the matches.
- During the 2018 Russia World Cup, you can enter Russia for 10 days before the date of the first match and leave Russia until 10 days after the date of the last match with FAN Id.
In case, you have lost your FAN ID in Russia you can get a replacement at FAN ID Distribution Centers in host cities.
Match Ticket: ✅
Fan ID: ✅
If you have ticked both boxes ahead of travelling to Russia you have the opportunity to travel between Host Cities for free!
— FIFA World Cup (@FIFAWorldCup) June 10, 2018